Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Follow the Directions

I am not the kind of guy who likes to follow directions. I have always been an outside the box type of thinker and doer. Whenever I find myself in a new place I think it is fun to drive around and figure out the town without a GPS. I have always been an experiential learner. So only being given one direction is difficult for me. The word the Lord gave me was "Pack your family and get ready to go and I will show you where you are going on the way." In other words, My going to Atlanta to check out an RV in hopes that it will be a solution for us is outside of what God told me to do. I can spend my time coming up with fifty different scenarios based on what God might be doing, or I can just wait and see. While I was sitting on the airplane, asking the Lord for wisdom and discernment, the Holy Spirit warned me that I might be disappointed when I got to Atlanta. He was right, the RV was uninhabitable and not an option for my family. As I prayed about it further, He assured me that His promise was not an RV, but it was that He would take care of my family. If we simply trust God's leading us and act according to our faith in Him, He promises He will direct our paths (Proverbs 3:5-6). So That is where I find myself these days, earnestly trying to not add to God's word. Though I trust in my own ability to find my way, this is a time when my only option is to follow the directions I've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment