Monday, December 19, 2011

The Answer to Someone's Prayers

Last week, during a time of prayer and worship, the Lord showed me a vision. It pertains to our season of faith but I realized it was bigger than just for me and my family. I wanted to share it with you as well.

I was taken to a place up in a mountain somewhere. We followed a trail deep into some woods where I found a little cabin. I went into the cabin and there was a group of people gathered together and they said to me, "We heard you could teach us about God. Can you teach us about God?" Without missing a beat I sat down and began to minister to them. When that was done, members of that original group began to take me to other little cabins where groups of people were gathered and I was able to share the gospel with them as well.

When this was done, the Lord did a zoom out with me and I saw the earth as if I were in outer space. He pointed to a tiny little speck and showed me where I just was. Then He told me that people pray to Him from all over the world and He hears all there prayers. Then He said these words to me: "I'm looking for people who are willing to be the answer to someone else's prayers." What I said to the Lord after that is between He and I. But He began to show me that the very things I have in my life and my house are things that were given to me by God. He told me there were people praying to Him for a couch, for a bookshelf, for an entertainment center. His challenge really hit home. He wasn't just looking for missionaries who will travel the globe to bring the gospel to all people. He is also looking for people who are willing to give sacrificially in order to meet someone else's needs.

So I want to challenge you to take a moment to ask the Lord, What is it that I have (possession, skill, ability) that can be an answer to someone else's prayers? Then ask Him to show you who needs it? The rest is between you and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment